Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reunion Poppiah

Reunion dinners before Chinese New Year are supposed to be warm and great, right? Imagine all the different types of dishes laying on top of the dinning table, and you get to eat together with your family and stuff...

But here in my kampung, there's only one dish: POPPIAH

Sorry if I don't have any pics for you right now... Will try to get one next time...

But my family here have a unique way of eating poppiah...

Usually the poppiah we get at stalls are thin and long... And usually cut...

Over here, it's FAT.

The reason is because in the past, our family used to be poor, so my grandma will urge my dad and his siblings to eat poppiah with a lot of fillings, just to use less crust...

Till now, I can still see my dad and uncles and aunts to stuff a lot of veggies in their poppiah, as though the crust might break any moment, then eat it using the FULL SUPPORT of their hands (because the fillings can just burst out the poppiah anytime...)

And if you realized what I wrote up there, I said usually people eat together with their family. I actually mean the whole family... But here we eat at different time, it's just because the table is too small to fit everyone at the same time...

Will find something else to write about CNY...

BTW I'm at Watak dan Perwatakan for my buku skrap bm...

And my relatives say I have super small and neat handwriting...

See ya!!

Eng Hoe signing off with lots of mosquito stings... *PIAK!!*

Sorry mosquito...

No comments:

Post a Comment